Chemtech International Inc. is an exclusive distributor of UltraTech International Inc., the industry-leading manufacturer of stormwater management and erosion control products. All UltraTech International Inc. products are designed to meet the New Stormwater Management Regulations of the EPA’s Clean Water Act, to help businesses maximize operational efficiency while protecting the environment.
What is stormwater?
Stormwater Management Products
Advanced catch basin filter captures multiple pollutants, also provides sampling capability
- This BMP removes hydrocarbons, heavy metals, sediment, and other organics from stormwater and industrial runoff.
- Exceeds 80% sediment removal efficiency.
- Patented filtration system allows different filter media to be used together to remove targeted pollutants.
- Choose a mix of filters to remove hydrocarbons/oil, chemicals, odor, phosphorus, and heavy metals from water flow.
- By-pass system prevents flooding or ponding during highflow storm events.
- Excellent post-construction control for drains that are more susceptible to large concentrations of contaminants (“Hot Spots”).
- Units available for round or square catch basin grates.
- Custom sizes available.*
- Considered a “true filter” with separate chambers for sediment removal and filters.
- Verified by the EPA’s ETV program.
- Helps comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999) when used as Best Management Practice in Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans.
Mix and match filter media depending on your specific needs. HydroKleen is the only catch basin filter that allows
you to use more than one type of filter media.*
Sorb 44 — Used to remove oil and other hydrocarbons.
Phos Filter — Excellent for removal of phosphorous.
Activated Carbon — Excellent “polishing media”. Helps remove certain chemicals, hydrocarbons and odors.
Heavy Metal Removal — Custom filter media blend helps remove zinc, lead, copper and other harmful, heavy metals.
Other types of media available for custom applications.
|Part#||Description||Fits Drains in. (mm)|
|9870||Flat Frame*||20 – 25 (508 – 635)|
|9871||Flat Frame*||26 – 33 (660 – 838)|
|9872||Flat Frame*||34 – 48 (863 – 1,219)|
|9873||Recessed Frame*||20 – 25 (508 – 635)|
|9874||Recessed Frame*||26 – 33 (660 – 838)|
|9875||Recessed Frame*||34 – 48 (863 – 1,219)|
|9478||Custom Frame* Custom|
|9876||Optional Sampling Option|
|9463||Media*: Activated Carbon|
|9462||Media*: Sorb 44|
|9461||Media*: Phos Filter|
|9460||Media*: Heavy Metal Removal|
Sampling Option — Convenient and effective means to obtain samples of the “post-treatment” effluent from the Ultra-HydroKleen to comply with monitoring and testing requirements.
- Sampling Option provides standard HydroKleen with modifications to allow Universal Sampler (pg. 64) to pull “post-treatment” water samples from below the unit’s filters.
- Take real-time samples during storm events.
- Access area stays closed until a sample is desired.
- Simple sampling — No need to remove the Ultra-HydroKleen to take a sample (in many cases, even the grate can remain in place). Simply slide open the sampling port and insert the Universal Sampler.
* Note: Ultra-HydroKleen units are custom made to fit each individual catch basin. The final pricing is based on the configuration of the frame (Flat or Recessed) and number of required Filter Media (2 or 3).
Get a Custom Quote
Fill out the form below.
Storm drain blockers serve a very important purpose — they sit at the mouth of the storm drain and prevent unwanted material from entering. This is a simple role but a crucial one. Without storm drain mats and other forms of protection, the drainage channel is vulnerable to contamination.
The effects of stormwater pollution and erosion can be catastrophic, and this is why storm drains and filtration solutions are so important. But what about urban and rural environments – how do the issues and solutions differ across these different types of locations?
Runoff science is an important part of managing stormwater in the modern age. We not only need to consider where stormwater runoff goes, but we also need to understand its effects and predict future environmental changes. This is where the physics and chemistry of stormwater runoff are critical.